Hello again, friends!
This week was pretty special because my birthday was Monday, April 6! I thought in honor of turning 25, I would share a list of 25 fun facts about me! We’ve also had some new followers recently join the Fit by the Fork family, sooo what better timing to give you guys a glimpse at my life beyond the typical blog content?
1. My zodiac sign is Aries.
2. I live in NYC! More specifically, I live in a neighborhood of Queens called Forest Hills.
3. My hometown is Westlake, Ohio, which is a suburb about 20 minutes from downtown Cleveland.
4. My nickname is E-Mac!
5. One thing you won’t find on my plate: avocados! I don’t know if it’s the texture or taste or both, but I really don’t like them.
6. In college at Ohio University, I worked part-time as a tutor for the football team.
7. One thing on my bucket list is to swim with dolphins.
8. Default takeout order: General Tso’s chicken with steamed veggies and rice.
9. I lived in Suite 2 of the Alpha Gamma Delta sorority house as a junior.
10. Valentine’s Day, Toy Story 2 and Pretty Woman are some of my favorite movies.
11. My celebrity crush will always be Michael Bublé.
12. I’m really bad at binge-watching shows, because I take forever to finish them. I’m doing better though! I just finished “Tiger King” and now I’m onto “All American.”
13. Three apps I use the most: Spotify, Instagram and Citymapper.
14. Oh and my Notes app… it’s littered with grocery lists, song lyrics, jokes, quotes, journal entries, and other random stuff.
15. On a beer list, I definitely gravitate toward stouts and porters—especially if there are notes of coffee, cocoa and/or nuts.
16. Of all the Food Network stars, I’d want to chow down with Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.
17. Something that always puts me in a better mood: an episode of The JTrain Podcast, U Up? podcast, or Freid by Noon podcast. It’s the best dose of comic relief and life advice!
18. Best gag gift I ever received was two used Game Boy Color games, wrapped in Kleenex and stuffed in an empty Planter’s peanut can. We have it on home video!
19. One product I swear by is Redken’s all soft conditioner. It’s pricey but worth every penny for my wavy, frizz-prone hair.
20. It’s been a while, but I can play “Never Gonna Leave This Bed” by Maroon 5 on piano by heart.
21. My sisters Hannah, Hayley and I Irish danced when we were younger. Pittsburgh, Rochester, Detroit and Ontario were some of the cities we competed in.
22. I did my cousin’s hair for prom and my friend’s mom’s hair for her wedding.
23. Some of my guilty pleasures are red wine, dark chocolate and scented candles.
24. I played clarinet from the fifth grade until my senior year of high school; I was in jazz band, marching band and symphonic band.
25. Lastly, I went to middle school, high school and college with former Vine star-turned-actor-turned-something Logan Paul. When I asked him to Westlake High School’s winter formal my freshman year (with a pack of sour Ice Breakers, because he would take mine from my backpack in Physical Science class), he turned me down.
I think that’s when his downward spiral started… but that’s just me.
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!